CRM is software, the implementation of which helps improve interaction with consumers, improve the quality of communication, speed up work processes and much more.UnlikeCRMfor movers,in the case of non-profit organizations, we are talking about working with donors, sponsors, organizers of charity events, people who need help and many others.
CRM CAPABILITIES FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
The main task of CRM for non-profit organizations (NPOs) is to find and increase the base of people and companies who care, interacting with those who need help.
The introduction of such systems in the work of NPOs will allow:
- Track which communication channels are most effective.
- Find out from which web resources or offline events a donation came.
- Segment donors by channel of attraction and method of donation.
- CRM helps to transfer donors who made one-time donations to those who made regular donations.
- Structure and provide information to donors about funds spent.
Thus, the main purpose of the introduction of CRM in NPOis a quality work with new customers and the existing base.
GOALS OF CRM IMPLEMENTATION FOR NPO
Each NPO has its own area of work and individual goals. Depending on the type of activity, the organization forms the tasks set for CRM and the expected results.
Implementation of CRM for nonprofit organizations allows to achieve the following goals:
- Increase in the number of donors, patrons, activists, and simply people who care about helping those in need.
- Increasing the number of new NPO partners by using multiple communication channels (mailing lists, events, sponsorship and charity programs, etc.);
- increasing the efficiency of staff through the automation of routine processes, and the integration of necessary services for communication with the client base. The CRM automates the formation of detailed reports on the income and expenditure of funds. The possibility of mass personalized mailing is implemented, which also reduces the time employees spend on routine tasks;
- Efficient implementation of online and offline events. Detailed statistics on NPO participation, comparison of expenses and received contributions, popularization of charity activities.
Specialized or narrowly focused NPOs may have other goals that differ from those listed above.
SELECTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A CRM IN NPO
Before choosing a particular CRM solution for an NPO, it is necessary to determine why the organization needs it and what tasks it should perform. At this stage it is best to trust the opinion of professionals who understand the technical part of the question and will help you choose a suitable system. We recommend using online CRM for non-profit organizations, as this solution is cheaper to implement and further use.
If you don’t pay enough attention to these steps, you might make a wrong choice of CRM for an NPO. For example, some large vendors offer unlimited free licenses to non-profit organizations, but significantly overestimate the cost of system implementation or the price of the implementation of communication and operational processes.